|This is the full promotional brief for 'Kid A' from Capitol in America.|
|The comments were posted by Thom on August 14, 2000 AT 13:54:53 on the Radiohead.com messageboard.|
"ALL THE BEST THINGS IN LIFE CANNOT BE DESCRIBED -- THEY HAVE TO BE
EXPERIENCED... EXPERIENCE KID A."
Kid A represents a natural progression from the multi-platinum Grammy nominated album OK Computer.
***no it doesnt*********
Radiohead has one again stepped out of the box by removing the costraints normally placed on bands by the media and marketplace. They continue to surprise us, then amaze us, as they concentrate on producing incredible music and performing astonishing live shows.
In making this record, it was important to them to get away from the lifestyle and pressures so clearly depicted in the movie "Meeting People Is Easy". They placed themselves in an environment whereby their creativity was able to flourish - an atmosphere that allowed every one of them to freely cross all musical boundaries and break all rules.
The band began recording "Kid A" in paris in early '99 beforeing completing it at facilities in Copenhagen, and a makeshift studio in the English countryside, Nigel Godrich was again at the helm.
"Kid A" is an album.. not a collection of singles and shot be listened to as a body of work. The songs are mesmerizing -- heard as pieces of music, not just songs. Just amazing grooves that transport you to another time and space. Sit back... plug in your headphones... relax... listen... enjoy as Radiohead takes you on a picturesque journey of the mind as they continue to prove that they are one of today's leading creative musical forces.
- Limited edition package to include 28 page booklet, plus an additional 12 page booklet hidden inside
****no it doesnt*****
- cd will contain direct link to "Lost Children", a hidden website containing constantly changing radiohead "rarities"
*****no it doesnt******
- band kicks off a 6 week uk/euro tour 9/1 in south wales and ends in dublin in early october
**YES! 1point so far*****
- us tour will folow in spring 2001
- air studios performance - live performance september 4-5 for 200-300 invited guests (band to perform kid a in its entirety)
******not true, no audience. not in its entirety.. this was supposed to be secret you f**ng idiots*******
- webcast - 4 hour webcast at the end of august from the band's studio in oxford (will include live performances, dj sessions, etc)
*****not true. complete lies********
- full lp and promo cd of 1st track "optimistic" will be hand delivered to key alt/rock programmers on 9/18 worldwide radio date
*******it better not do. there are NO SINGLES**********
- 10" vinyl (double gatefold jacket)
****CORRECT! two points so far*****
- a collection of 40-50 video blips are being produced. these will vary from 15-60 seconds and will feature music from kid a. animation, still photography and live band footage make up the blips and will be used for local/regional video shows, internet and mtv
*****collect them like Pokemon. ***
***what...for more information?***
- world creates a radiohead video -- create a 24 hour channel where the world creates a radiohead video using their own images. kid a would play contiuously behind these images
*****not true. lies.lies.lies.*****
- fans create their own e-cards using audio clips, spoken words and animated images
****maybe true yes but nothing to do with this*****
so then only two points scored. not very impressive is it? stilll could be worse.
what a great way to start the day.